Around the World in 12 Dishes- Spain
This month we will be stopping in Spain during our Around The Worls in 12 Dishes journey.
I must admit I love stews so flicking through the Spanish recipes..this one seemed the perfect one. And it was a good choice! My lil picky eater did not even try it but helped me to cook it anyway. The rest of us enjoyed the stew very much and we will definitely be making it again.
Chickpea Chorizo and Spinach Stew
So what you need is:
- 3-4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 celery stick, finely diced
- few thyme sprigs
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 200g chorizo, diced
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp hot smoked paprika
- 2 x 410g/14oz cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1-2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 400g bag spinach leaves, washed and drained
And this is what you do:
- Heat the oil in a large pan, then fry the onion for 3-4 mins until it begins to soften. Stir in the carrot, celery, thyme and bay leaves. Season, then cook for 2-3 mins, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic, chorizo, cinnamon and smoked paprika. Gently fry until the vegetables soften and the chorizo starts to release its oils and crisp up.
- Stir in the chickpeas, vinegar and 150ml water, then bring to a simmer for 1-2 mins until the chickpeas have heated up. Add the spinach, then stir through the chickpeas until it wilts a little. Remove from the heat, season to taste.
And just look at this cute Flamenco Dancing Clothespin Doll at Crafty Moms Share! Isn`t it just beautiful!
This will be our next project whilst discovering Spain :)
Check the other blogs of “Around the World in 12 Dishes” for their Spanish creations:
Adventures In Mommydom, Creative Family Fun, Domestic Goddesque, Enchanted Homeschooling Mom, Glittering Muffins, Here Come The Girls, Juggling with Kids, Kid World Citizen, Kitchen Counter Chronicles, Creative World of Varya, Mermaids’ Makings, Montessori Tidbits,Mummymummymum and The Educators’ Spin On It.
If you do this, we’d LOVE to see a photo of it. Like us Facebook and upload your picture there!
You can link up your Spanish dish and/or craft in here :)