Annabel`s English grandparents came over last weekend and brought the latest issue of a wonderful magazine “Wild Times”. We have read all the stories there a hundred times already.. and Annabel keeps asking for more :) She also loved the little bird breaking out from the egg. So we followed the instructions and came up with this:
You need an old sock, yellow card, white paper, thin, dark card, 2 buttons, scissors and glue.
* Cut a square out of yellow paper or card… this will be the beak.
* Push in the end of an old sock over your hand.
* Fold the yellow paper in half and glue it into the bottom of the sock.
* Stick button eyes on either side of the bird.
* Stick an egg piece of white paper onto thin card.
* Make cuts to the “egg” and lift up the paper.
And here it is- the chick coming out from the egg!!